Friday 11 September 2015

Beauty comes from deep within

This is part two of Free Being Me, session three. If you've read my earlier posts, you know that this session was not completed in one night for a variety of reasons. If you missed session three - part one, I recommend that you read that post first. 


Change the Media

In our previous meeting, each Patrol had been given just under 10 minutes to begin preparations for 'taking over the media'. During this meeting, they were given another 15 minutes to get their ideas together before presenting their final product to the unit. The presentations were great - on topic and completely unique! Two of the groups even requested to use images from our airbrushing activity!

I have to admit that while watching these presentations, I definitely had my proud Leader moment of 'Wow, these girl's are really getting this!'

I managed to take some photographs of the draft outlines as seen below. 

A magazine article:


An original song:


A news report (with a very dramatic reading!):




An advert for television, including a catchy jingle and dance number:



For my drama-loving Junior Guides, this was a great activity for them to share everything that they had learnt over the past three meetings.


Personal Challenge: You're My Star

Each girl created a star with a positive message written inside, that challenged the idea that everyone should look a certain way. The personal challenge component, was to take these home at the end of the meeting to display where others would be able to read them.

Some of the stars (before they were cut out):






And my personal favourite:



You're My Star was the final activity to complete session three. We had additional time in the meeting, so ended with a great craft project I discovered through one of the GirlGuiding UK's GFI programs. (Thanks Snowflake, for helping me discover these!) Since this has already been such a photo heavy post, i'll post the about this separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!